Sunday, December 30, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR

In a little over 12 hours we will be on our way to the airport headed for NY and while it will be nice to be nearing home it has hit me a bit harder than I expected to be leaving.

Sure, a holiday is just that - a holiday .... they all have a beginning, middle and end and (mostly) everyone says that they would love to stay there forever but this is one place where I can say that with all honesty.

But back to reality - we had a wonderful 'last night' dinner at Kong Restaurant followed by a cab ride through the Alma Tunnel (which was unexpectedly surreal) to the Trocadero to see the lights on the Eiffel Tower for the last time.

The packing has already been done for the most part and only a bit of tidying up left to be done tomorrow befor ewe head off to CDG at 2:30. The luggage is going to be an issue since we have gained 2 extra bags since we arrived but I guess as long as BJ and I start hauling them down the stairs at about 12 we should be ready in the nick of time.

Anyway, since we don't know whether the accom in NY has a functioning internet connection
(it's meant to but you never can tell) I will wish you all a very Happy (and safe) New Year !!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

ELIZABETH said...

Don't ask me why I thought I'd have to wait til you returned home to share your holiday, but now I'm all caught up.

Loving it. Thanks