Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I-B-Back

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ....... I stopped posting here a while back (well ages ago actually) because as with most things life simply got in the way and to be honest, despite a lot happening, I didn't really feel that I had anything particularly interesting to say.

So what's happened since last time ? A hell of a lot actually !

  • Moved into a great apartment in the Valley (well that actually happened prior to the last post but I neglected to mention it)
  • Had a fantastic family holiday in Vietnam and Cambodia
  • Saw Wicked again *yay*
  • Spent Chrissie and New Year on the beach in Phuket
  • Got a promotion at work
  • Came out of 'retirement' ........ and then went back into it
  • Reconnected with 2 very old and dear friends I had not seen in about 10 years
  • Turned 40
  • Had a great holiday in LA and Las Vegas
  • Celebrated our 6th anniversary
  • Saw Wicked AGAIN - ok ok ok maybe overkill but it was closing night !
....... and ................... I guess the reason for starting this up again, a move south to Melbourne.

Late last year BJ was retrenched from the place he'd been employed at for 16 years. Since then he's moved through being 'retrenched' to 'retired' to unemployed .... altho he's certainly managed to firmly keep his fingers in a number of pies. The new job has been in the pipeline for quite a few months so there has been quite a bit of ifs and maybes since early this year but now everything is finally confirmed and moving extremely quickly.

Yesterday we scored a great little place in Carlton and BJ is going to be moving down in the next fortnight. I'll be following but not until early next year (at this stage) once I have my own life sorted out and have a new job pinned down.

I have to admit that the whole prospect is scary ... to say the least ! I am a Brissie boy through and through and while I love Melbourne and have always said if I had to live somewhere else in Aus it would be Melbourne hands down, now that it's real it is all more than a bit daunting.

So, that's it in a nutshell. The next few months are going to be very interesting and very challenging and I guess that is the reason for starting this up again. It'll give me an outlet for all the trials and tribulations I am sure will come up between now and when I go...... plus the excitement of exploring a new city and a whole new life.

Stay tuned ;-)

p.s ...... the black pic is there to break the blog from what was to what is !




No comments: